About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

13 Jan 2016

Little Changes

Hi there!

First of all - welcome to my new blog! I am Asta, an author of two blogs - Yellow Paprika and Fancy Reader. If we haven't met before - let me shake your hand because it's realy nice to meet you!



How this blog came to life. Well, there are many reasons, but it have been on my mind for a while that I have outgrown my old blogs. They are verry dear to me, I have put a lot of work into them, but since the last year, I felt that I wanted something new. 

One of many reasons why I'm taking this step is that my "Yellow Paprika" blog became more like virtual diary. I like to document the events of my life and I hope to continue it, but they became the center of this blog and I had no idea how to change it. So it just went on and I posted all sorts of pictures from my trips, expeditions, voyages and so on. It became a blog of mentioning what I did instead of how I live, what do I dream of. I understood that I have to change it.

Another reason is my blog "Fancy Reader", dedicated to books. Before and few months after creating it, I thought that I will be able to post from time to time, but the reality was nothing like that. Sometimes I couldn't post any review for months because either I hadn't any time to read at all, or either I was too busy (or too lazy and procrastinating heavily). So the blog was left somewhere in the margins of my life. I tried to "revive" it few times, but I realized that it's not worth it. Plus, I kinda felt pressure only by having it. It made me feel obliged to read, even though there were periods where I couldn't look at books at all. So I had to let go of this idea having a separate blog devoted entirely to books.

So what this blog will be about? About everything. Everything that I like, love or enjoy at certain moments. Something that I find worth sharing, worth telling you. Or on the contrary - things that are a great deal to me, but gives the "meh" feeling for the others. I think, that "Things I Like" is my new chapter and I feel really excited about starting to fill it up with my posts! So... We'll see what happens!


P.S. This blog will be in English (mostly). It's not that I don't like my native language (which is Lithuanian by the way), the reason is purely pragmatic one - I want to practice my English, this lingua franca of modern times, because I get pretty rare chances meeting and talking (or writing) to foreign people. That's all. 



Comments