About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

25 Apr 2016

Carpe Diem

After this weekend I can proudly announce, that kayaking season is... OPEN! 


Last Saturday, seven kayaks, fourteen people and one dog tried the waters of Siesartis river and struggled to stay happy, healthy and dry. Well, I can say in advance, that the latter part was the hardest to fulfill... 



Our dog experienced her first journey in a kayak

Wet and cold we reached our final destination!



Preparing for sauna

The sky was an often threat during this all journey

Poor wet dog! We endured some kind of hail-snowstorm after roaring thunder

Peculiar clouds



Though we (assumed that we) were prepared for all the possible "jests" that spring can surprise us with, this time the abrupt changes of weather were rather irritating and it was not always possible to enjoy the surrounding nature and kayaking itself. But, all in all, it was fun and I am truly happy, that we opened the season. Can't wait for summer to come!


Comments