About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

1 Feb 2017

January Beauty Favorites


January is over and it's a good opportunity to share few of my newly discovered beauty products that made surviving this cold and dark winter month a little bit easier.  



Since recently I discovered that winter weather can affect my hair in a way that I couldn't imagine before, I asked my hairstylist for help. Her recommendation was Macassar Restructuring Oil by Naturalmente. And, boy, this oil delivers miracles! My hair lost their previous untidy looks and became soft, shiny and pleasant to touch! I use a drop of a size of a pearl after I dry my hair with a towel or before using a hairdryer. This oil is quite expensive (from 21 € for 50 ml), but it's worth it. 


Another product that I tried out last month was Moisturizing Antioxidant Day Cream with Blueberry and Vitamin E from Mossa. I have read many good reviews about the products of this particular Latvian brand so when I was looking for a new day cream to try out, I decided to buy this one. And what can I say - I like it. This cream has light texture, skin absorbs it quickly, the smell is pleasant and my skin is moist and hydrated during the day. I especially like that the cream bottle has a dispenser - it is more hygienic!  
   Third product that I fell in love with is refreshing toning lotion Elixir Superior by Shiseido. I bought it in Japan for about 34 € and started using recently. After using it my skin really feels fresh and revived! It dries quickly and I can apply cream without a delay.


My fourth discovery is from The Body Shop - British Rose body cream. I bought first one while I was still in Riga and used it up so quickly, that there was no other way just to go and buy another one! I like this cream's smell, but most of all I appreciate it's light texture that allows my skin to absorb it quickly. It leaves this fresh feeling and skin is moist for a long time. I am lucky because I got this big container just for 11 €! 


What are your favorite beauty products? Share with me! 


Comments