About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

1 Oct 2017

It's #Kaunastic!

Apparently, Indian Summer is over and we dived back into the murky gloom of typical Lithuanian autumn. Luckily, I listened to my (usually quite off-balance) sixth sense and ushered my husband and my sister to Kaunas, to enjoy the last day of September and sunshine.




I begun to discover the other side of Kaunas this winter. And since our former temporary capital is becoming the "it" city in Lithuania, I am intrigued by what this place has to offer that Vilnius don't. I don't know how about you, but I like Kaunas because of two things: lots of space and minimal crowds. Although the last part is quite questionable during weekends, still, it's far away from what I'm used to in Vilnius. So, basically, Kaunas is like a gulp of fresh air (maybe even literally).


















I also urged us to go to Pažaislis Monastery since it was an incredibly beautiful evening! Sadly, visiting time was already over, but we enjoyed a nice long walk on the shores of Kaunas Reservoir (Lith. Kauno Marios)!







Stay healthy and warm!




Photos © Asta Skujytė-Razmienė, Vincas Razma

Comments