About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

22 Apr 2018

花見. 2018 Edition

Spring has finally arrived and there is no better way celebrating it than taking an example from Japanese people and admiring blooming sakura trees. Chiune Sugihara Sakura Park  is the "it" spot in Vilnius when these trees start to blossom and for many years now I try not to miss it! 


Hanami (花見) now is celebrated worldwide and I am more than glad seeing how Lithuanians also are adapting this tradition. It doesn't matter if you stop there to admire pink blossoms themselves or just to take a selfie with this Instagram worthy background, this whole attention to sakura trees shows that we want to appreciate the beauty that is brought by the spring!










Photo © Things I Like

Comments